Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Blogger

So I'm pretty new to this whole blogging thing.  But here it goes.  After living in Chile for about a year and half now, I thought it would be a good way to talk about my experience here.  I do have to say I love this country with all my heart (why would I have been here so long??), it does have its quirks that can be kinda irritating but for the most part aren't too bad.  

So if someone asked me what my favorite thing about Chile is, I would definitely say the wine.  You can't beat buying a great bottle of wine for under $10 (or 5.000 chilean pesos).  Since coming here I have been fascinated by it.  I am constantly reading about it and drinking it with some of my friends.  I am a huge fan of reds (syrah and carmenere) but recently a friend of mine has gotten me on a sauvignon blanc kick!  I can't wait for the vendimias coming up in March (wine harvest festivals--super fun!) and will be in attendance for as many as possible!


6 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blogging world. :)

    Hey I would definitely be down for going to some vendimias with you if you want company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! you're here! see you tomorrrrrroww :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful life of blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through the gringa-in-chile blogosphere. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Ended up here through a typically random string of internet links that I can't even remember, but a lucky find as teaching in Chile is something I know about and would love to know more, either as posts here or a guest piece on my blog by you or someone you know

    TEFLtastic blog- www.tefl.net/alexcase

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to the blogger world- i too am fairly new to the blogosphere- started since arriving in chile also about a year and a half ago. i can't believe that i've seen your comments on my blog and i just made the mistake of thinking you were my friend Emily posting - in fact, you look a lot like her in your pic so i thought that she had just changed her blogger profile pick. this is the first time i'm reading your blog ...excited to hear about the vendimias...i think there's something like that going on tomorrow in vitacura's parque bicentenario FYI

    ReplyDelete